Green Apple Alternative School also offers one-to-one and small group tutoring services for students to help them succeed. Our team of tutors comprises of Ontario Certified Teachers with many years of teaching and tutoring experience. Our tutors work with students to teach them, review concepts, walk through homework assignments step-by-step, identify learning gaps, and provide missing information to ensure that they have a strong grasp of required material.
Features of our tutoring program:
- Tutors use a student-centered approach to learning.
- Sessions are organized around the needs of the individual student
- Work in coordination with the student’s classroom teacher.
- Assessment can be conducted, free of charge, to know more about student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Students can discuss education and career goals with their tutor
- Parent feedback is provided to support their child’s learning.
Types of Tutoring Services
- Headstart: Concepts are taught before the student learn them in school.
- Homework help: Does your child need help with homework assignments or tests? A subject expert will help in one-on-one or small group setting.
- Mock Tests/Exams: Does your child have test/exam phobia? Students can take mock tests and review them with their tutor. This will help them prepare better as well as gain confidence for the actual test or exam.
Study Site: Do you need a supportive environment and need occasional assistance in completing assignments or study for tests and exams? You can comfortably sit in our school’s study area, use school resources and seek help from qualified tutor.